The Commercialisation Service team at the University work with academics, innovation staff within Faculties and external partners to:
- increase the flow of knowledge and intellectual property from the Universitys research base into commercial applications by new and existing businesses, social enterprises and other organisations;
- increase the financial return to the University to re-invest in and increase commercial activity for future benefit;
- increase the range of benefits gained by our commercial and not-for-profit partners.
If you are an organisation looking to work with the University please visit the working with business pages.
If youd like to find out more about a commercialisation opportunity or working with the Commercialisation team please .
We identify, evaluate and develop commercial opportunities arising from research conducted at the University of Leeds. We use the Universitys expertise and the protection of intellectual property (IP) as enablers in the conversion of research to commercially viable outputs. Along with partners, such as IP Group PLC who assist with exploitation through spin-out companies, this enables the University of Leeds to achieve maximum impact from its research to promote private enterprise and enhance public benefit.
We develop commercial opportunities arising from research through a range of activities including, but not limited to:
- Providing access to innovative business ideas and technology via licences and sale of IP;
- Marketing University innovations & developing business partnerships to exploit commercial opportunities
- Creating service-delivery and spin-out companies to commercially use expertise and IP