The University Research Ethics Committee (UREC) has delegated responsibility for review of individual applications to Faculty Research Ethics Committees (FRECs).
UREC is serviced by the Secretariat, the FRECs are serviced by RIS and the FMH School RECs are serviced by staff within FMH: http://ris.leeds.ac.uk/EthicsContacts.
Which Faculty Research Ethics Committee?
- AREA (Business, Education, Social Sciences & Law, Environment)
- PVAR (Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Cultures)
- Biological Sciences (Biological Sciences)
- Medicine and Health (which is supported by four subcommittees: School of Dentistry, School of Healthcare; School of Psychology and the School of Medicine research ethics committees)
- MEEC (Engineering, Mathematical & Physical sciences)
Departmental research ethics webpages
- Inter-Disciplinary Ethics Applied, Centre for Excellence in Teaching and Learning
- Faculty of Environment
- School of Geography
- PVAC Faculty Research Office