Working in partnership with external organisations is an essential component in the realisation of the University's strategic vision. Partnerships can help maximise the impact and influence of the University's research, innovation and teaching on society. Collaborating with external partners can also provide academics with a
What sort of activity happens in a strategic partnership?
No two partnerships are alike; they are developed to meet the specific needs of the relationship based on agreed shared strategic goals and objectives. The mix of activities in a corporate or strategic partnership could include:
- Contract research
- Collaborative research
- Staff exchanges
- Networking/promotional activities
- Knowledge Transfer Partnerships
- Use of campus accommodation and facilities
- Licensing of University Intellectual Property
- Students (e.g. placements, recruitment)
- Training (including continuing professional development)
Support is available to staff wishing to develop a partnership or know more about partnerships.