Policies, guidelines & other information
This section provides links to a wide range of University and funder policies and guidelines concerned with important aspects of good research practice, ethics and ethical review. These documents have been organised into areas of interest.
This is defined as a risk that may result in, or contribute to, a detrimental impact upon the physical environment above and beyond that which might be expected to occur during the course of day to day life. E.g. excludes travel/ transportation to research site, but includes projects which involve mining and mineral extraction, deforestation or the collection of samples from protected sites.
Complying with legislation
In some cases ethical review may be a legal requirement. Projects such as this include projects involving
- Drugs or medicines (regardless of whether they are licensed)
- GM materials
- Medical devices (including creams, ointments, bandages, prosthetics or artificial joints)
- Adults lacking the capacity to consent for themselves
- NHS patients, staff, facilities, premises, data or tissue
- Some food/ herbal supplements/other substances.
For further information refer to the Relevant Legislation section of this website.
If you cannot find what you are looking for please visit our Useful Downloads section where you can search the entire website.
If you have any suggestions concerning additional materials that we could add to this section please contact the Senior Research Ethics Administrator.