Director of Strategy for Research Impact
- Provides strategic direction and oversight for the University on issues related to research impact, working to ensure the University’s research makes a difference in the wider world.
- Works with senior stakeholders to shape the direction of the University’s strategy, setting out priorities for research impact at Leeds, at regional, national and international scale.
- Leads the University’s relationship with Research England and is responsible for the monitoring and evaluation of institutional knowledge exchange and impact activities.
Knowledge Exchange Team:
Knowledge Exchange Manager
- Leads the management and reporting of outputs and outcomes that arise from Knowledge Exchange interventions across the University to Research England.
- Manages the annual allocation of Policy Support and Participatory Research funds from Research England.
- Works with University academics to capture the value created across all Knowledge Exchange projects and programmes to support the development of Knowledge Exchange Framework narratives and to progress activity against the Knowledge Exchange Concordat.
Dr Stephen Collins
Knowledge Exchange Coordinator
- Co-ordination of the Research England Policy Support and Participatory Research Funds awards
- Co-ordination of the Policy Engagement Funds awards
Public Engagement with Research Team:
Dr Alexa Ruppertsberg
Head of Public Engagement with Research
- Provide both effective leadership and management of the Public Engagement team
- Embed a culture of engagement, collaborative learning and experimentation
- Lead the development of university-wide programmes for staff and students to foster transformative public engagement with Leeds research and teaching
Digital Creative Officer, Public Engagement with Research
- Developing opportunities for researchers to explore their work through creative means.
- Providing creative asset production services across print and digital (animation and video) content for researchers.
- Providing creative coaching opportunities to researchers.
Celine Roblin Robson
Public Engagement Officer
Tel: 0113 343 1149
- Support staff skills development with respect to public engagement
- Develop, organise, support and service public engagement networking groups and the delivery of the Engagement Excellence mentoring Scheme;
- Engage with staff and students to develop a shared understanding of the range, diversity and value of our public (and patient) engagement activities;
Regional Development and Engagement Team:
Head of Regional Development and Engagement
- Development & oversight of University initiatives and strategies that contribute to regional economic development
- Building relationships with regional civic partners including Mayoral Combined Authorities, LEPs, Councils, Yorkshire Universities & HMG departments
- Work with academics and professional services staff across the University to help ensure the University is well-positioned to access regionally-focused funds for R&I & KE
Policy Officer, Policy Leeds
- Advice and support for policy engagement
- Accessing funding for policy engagement and support for policy facing communications
- Professional development for policy engagement
Research and Impact Quality and Policy Team:
Head of Research Quality and Impact
- Strategic development of resources and mechanisms to support and evidence impact
- Working with the Dean of Research Quality, Dr Amanda Bretman, on quality across the research portfolio
- Overseeing the systems, governance and processes for the University's REF return
Research Quality and Impact Support Officer
- Co-ordination of the University Researchfish submission
- Co-ordination of University research evaluation processes