Policy Leeds team
Professor Andy Gouldson
Director of Policy Leeds
- Leads the Policy Leeds initiative, drawing on his extensive policy engagement experience in the area of climate change and sustainable cities.
Policy Officer, Policy Leeds
- Coordinates institutional responses to requests from policy actors, such as calls for expertise
- Disseminates information on opportunities for and routes to policy engagement. All of this information is available via the Engaged Research team in Microsoft Teams, please contact email@example.com to be added (University of Leeds only)
- Supports meetings and events bringing together research and policy communities
- Helps with promoting policy-relevant research and policy engagement activities
- Supports developing policy notes/briefs
- Can provide individual guidance and advice for those wanting to develop their policy engagement, including for research grant development
- University of Leeds contact for the University Policy Engagement Network (UPEN)
Public and Policy Engagement, Leeds Social Sciences Institute (LSSI)
- LSSI supports connecting the social sciences with policy professionals on a local and national level through organising engagement-facing workshops, events, developmental opportunities and networking activities. They run a regular seminar series with the Department of Work and Pensions. LSSI is also working to further strengthening research-policy relationships with Leeds City Council as part of the Review of Collaborations project.
Impact coaching and training
Dr Ged Hall
Academic Development Consultant (Research Impact), Organisational Development and Professional Learning (OD&PL).
- Training resources for research impact, including policy engagement
- One-to-one coaching to help researchers improve their effectiveness in delivering impact from their research.