The Public Engagement with Research team offers bespoke professional advice, assistance and some resources on engaging the public with research.
- Mentoring and coaching scheme (Engagement Excellence)
- Networks: pepnet (practitioners); necnet (champions); and PIEF (patient involvement)
- Training opportunities including workshops on evaluation, and a ‘PE 101’ session
- Funding for research development
- Resource borrowing
- Guidance for event planning
- Museum and University public engagement programme
- Information about opportunities for public engagement activities and funding
- Support with Pathways to Impact
- Be Curious (annual research open day)
Dr Alexa Ruppertsberg
Head of Public Engagement with Research
- Lead the Public Engagement with Research team, which supports public engagement (PE) across all disciplines.
Public Engagement Officer
- Work with the Public Engagement with Research team to implement and facilitate vision for all research projects to include an appropriate engagement opportunity.
- Organisation of development opportunities for researchers
- Identification of and support for public engagement opportunities
- Administration of Research Development Fund
- Organisation of annual research open day, Be Curious.