Applications for IAA funding must meet the following criteria:
- All projects will be exclusively focused on accelerating the delivery of impact from EPSRC funded research (including the full range of EPSRC supported research activities).
- Awards are not for the continuation of existing research, bridge-funding nor to keep research officers/assistants employed beyond the term of their contracts. Applications should focus on the development of impact activities and outputs not research itself.
- The project should have the potential to deliver economic, environmental and/or societal benefit to UK organisations or citizens outside academia.
- The lead academic should be an academic member of staff employed by the University of Leeds.
- BE and KTS IAA support is particularly aimed at getting new/early relationships started; BE/ KTS applications must demonstrate that either:
- the academic PI is new to working with external partners; and/or
- the external partner has not worked with the University of Leeds before; or
- the project will create a step-change in the relationship with an existing partner.
- Projects with external partners with no UK presence are eligible providing that the project can demonstrate clear delivery of a net benefit to the UK.
- The external partner must be committed to supporting the applicant with the expertise/ personnel/ infrastructure necessary to develop the project. This commitment should be articulated in a letter of support from the partner submitted with the application.
- Other Universities can also be co-applicants to IAA bids but alone do not constitute external partners for the purposes of the IAA. Co-funding from the other HE institutions is expected where they are involved in any application; this may take the form of co-funding with another IAA where relevant.
- Secondments outside the UK are eligible however all external partners should have a significant presence in the UK, eg manufacturing and/or R&D base and should be able to deliver benefit to the UK. Secondments with external partners with no UK presence will be considered subject to meeting eligibility criteria f.
- Fundamental research.
- Top-up funding for pre-existing projects.
- Generic engagement programmes with industry and general public that are out of IAA scope.