The University has secured further Impact Acceleration Account (IAA) funding from the Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC) for the period April 2019 – March 2022.
The STFC IAA supports knowledge exchange and the delivery of impact from the outputs of ongoing or completed STFC funded research.
It is designed to support engagement with external non-academic partners which could include national and international businesses, public and third sector organisations, or community bodies.
The emphasis is on delivering impact in ways that work. It provides flexible funding that can be deployed rapidly to seize opportunities as they arise.
Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis and we are currently accepting applications.
The objectives of the IAA fund are to:
- strengthen user engagement
- strengthen the exchange of knowledge through culture and capability development, including through the development of skills for knowledge exchange (KE) activity
- support KE and commercialisation at the early stages of progressing research outputs and outcomes to the point when they would be supported by other funding
- support new, innovative, and imaginative approaches to KE and impact
- support activities that enable impact to be achieved in an effective and timely manner, including secondments and people exchange
STFC expects that the IAA will be used to support impact emerging from a body of research undertaken over a significant time period.
Multiple funders may have been involved in this body of research but the applicant must be able to demonstrate a connection between IAA expenditure and funding previously awarded by STFC.