NB: All new ethics submissions to the BESS+ FREC should be submitted through the Phenix (the online application system).
For queries regarding new submissions please contact EthicsEnquiries@leeds.ac.uk.
The University Research Ethics Committee has delegated the ethical review of such research proposals to Faculty Research Ethics Committees (FRECs), including those involving human participants or their data, or significant negative environmental impact.
BESS+ is a cross-faculty ethics committee reviewing applications from the Faculties of Business, Environment and Social Sciences. A number of faculty representatives sit on the committee as well as a lay member.
School Ethics Leads for Environment
- Prof Claire Quinn, Earth & Environment, email@example.com
- Prof Jon Lovett, Geography, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr Caroline Mullen, Transport Studies, email@example.com
- Dr Mark Hopkins, Food Science & Nutrition (FSN), firstname.lastname@example.org
School Ethics Leads for Leeds University Business School (LUBS)
- Dr Desmond Leach, Management, email@example.com
- Dr Shankha Basu, Marketing, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr Sundeep Aulakh, Work & Employment Relations (WERD), email@example.com
- Dr Murod Aliyev, International Business (IB), Aliyev@leeds.ac.uk
School Ethics Leads for Social Sciences
- Dr Lata Narayanaswamy, Politics & International Studies (POLIS) Narayanaswamy@leeds.ac.uk
- Dr Huahui Zhao, Education, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr Miro Griffiths, Sociology & Social Policy, email@example.com
- Dr Laurène Soubise, Law, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr Michael (Mick) Walker, lay member, email@example.com
- LUBS, Veronica Gonzalez Navarro, firstname.lastname@example.org
- FoSS, Marianne Talbot email@example.com + Sameerah Mahmood firstname.lastname@example.org (shared role)
- Faculty of Environment, Gazi Laila, email@example.com
Most applications are reviewed by at least two members of the FREC. Once your complete application is submitted you'll receive confirmation and application reference number. You should allow six weeks for the review to take place.