Using and sharing research data
- UKDS data management checklist
- Research data management guidance, including on creating a data management plan and funder-specific guidance
- University of Leeds Research Data Management Policy
- Data protection code of practice
- Information Security Policy
- Encryption FAQs
- RCUK Common Principles on Data Policy
- Using Dropbox and other cloud computing services
- Intellectual Property
- RCUK Policy and Code of Conduct on the Governance of Good Research Conduct
The DPA, the GDPR and sharing data
UK Data Service guidance on sharing data
UK Data Service GDPR research and archiving FAQs
External transcription services and Data Processing Agreements for GDPR compliance
We recommend using the standard Data Processing Agreement template, available via the University’s Data Protection website, and that it is signed by either the Head of Department or delegated to an appropriate supervisor.
If you have any general questions relating to data protection, please contact Rebecca Messenger-Clark or Adrian Slater in the Secretariat.
Using secondary data
Re-use of datasets needs to be given careful consideration, especially with regard to presumed consent and the potential risk of disclosure of personal data. This applies to the researcher originating the data and the users of the data. The original researcher should take into account the long-term use, including the potential for data linkage and preservation of data, when obtaining consent. Further guidance is available.