- The LTHT and University of Leeds Human Tissue Storage and Use Policy
- HTA key facts presentation
- Application to collect tissue for future unspecified research
What licences do we have within LTHT / UoL?
To comply with the HT Act, the LTHT and UoL chose to work collaboratively and between them hold four of the five HTA licences
- Anatomy: covering specific premises at UoL for anatomical examination
- Research: covering specific premises at LTHT and UoL (mainly faculty of Medicine and Health but not exhaustive)
- Therapeutic: covering specific premises at LTHT
- Pathology: covering specific premises at LTHT for post mortem activities
We do not hold a Public Display Licence.
Licensed activities can only take place in the identified locations designated on each licence and under the knowledge and approval of the DI. Any proposal to change the location must be submitted in writing, by the DI, to the HTA and is subject to HTA approval. Dr Pat Harnden is the Designated Individual for the research licence.
Achiever tissue tracking software is used to keep track of the storage and disposal of human tissue relevant under the joint Research Licence from the Human Tissue Authority and for tracking tissue used in projects which have received ethical approval.
The University of Leeds research licence number is 12352.